[Qgis-developer] QGIS has no future

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Mar 23 09:56:45 PDT 2016

Hi Andreas,

On Wed, 23. Mar 2016 at 16:57:43 +0100, Neumann, Andreas wrote:
> Sorry about my provocative e-mail subject ;-)

Sometime one can't resist ;)

> In the current master master version, with the OSGeo4W installer, the
> installer complains about:

> Package Unknown package
> python-future.bat exit code 1
> python-httplib2.bat exit code 1
> python-mock.bat exit code 1
> python-nose2.bat exit code 1

> When I start QGIS master, I get:
> ImportError: No module named future

> After that - everything based on Python is disabled ...

> So - is the installer looking for a package called python-future and
> can't find it?

The packages are thin wrappers around pip, that actually installs or uninstalls
the package.  So they involve downloads from pypi - I guess it's a proxy issue
that blocks that for you (%OSGEO4W_ROOT%/var/log/setup.log(.full) should have
more details).

I guess I should come up with some script that installs the files locally an
produces a package from it.

That needs to be done anyway, because the "standalone" installer would
currently just include the wrappers and in turn download from pypi too...

Currently only master depends on the above...

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode