[Qgis-developer] Silence "Plugin approval notification"

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Mar 31 01:22:05 PDT 2016

On 31-03-16 09:53, Anita Graser wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2016 9:15 AM, "Paolo Cavallini" <cavallini at faunalia.it
> <mailto:cavallini at faunalia.it>> wrote:
>>
>> Il 31/03/2016 09:10, Matthias Kuhn ha scritto:
>> > Hi List,
>> >
>> > Can we remove plugin approval notifications from the qgis-developer
>> > list? There is already enough traffic on this list. We could have a
>> > dedicated plugin-announce list if there is a demand for this.
>> > Is this ok for you?
>>
>> Hi Matthias,
>> IMHO it is useful to know what's going on. We all hate useless traffic,
>> but it happens fairly often that people redo already exixting plugins
>> just because they do not know they are available, so spreading the word
>> a bit further is useful.
>
> +1 otherwise we lose sight of what's being developed

agree with Paolo and Anita,

we recently changed this, so it was more clear who was approving and
which plugins are being approved. The idea is also to make the dev
community a little more aware of which plugins popup etc

@Marco: the problem is that plugins are not in 1 repo (as they are in
separate owner repo's), so not other way to have a little sight on this
then in this way.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde