[Qgis-developer] pyqgis: parallel QThreads to services possible?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue May 3 13:36:17 PDT 2016

Hi Devs,

my plugin needs to fire as quick as possible:
- 24 (hourly) WPS requests to service A, resulting in a dir with shp/zips
- >3 (slow) paging WFS requests (30000 features) to service B resulting
in 3 gml files
If all this is finished, show all the results in QGIS

mostly using this page:

https://snorfalorpagus.net/blog/2013/12/07/multithreading-in-qgis-python-plugins/

I created 'workers' for the services, and two different QThreads to be
able to move the workers to.

BUT when testing/running: I do not see 2 parallel service processes: I
see first all 24 WPS request, and then the 3 slow WFS request (or the
other way around if I change order of starting the threads...

Anybody a clue or idea IF what I'm trying to achieve should be possible
in this way? Or should I use other PyQT-machinery for this?
Note that the gui-update is not even my biggest challence, I just want
these two "slow" processes to run in parallel.

Regards & TIA,

Richard

(untill now it is only in a cli interface using a QApplication)