[Qgis-developer] pyqgis: parallel QThreads to services possible?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue May 3 14:32:43 PDT 2016

On 03-05-16 22:56, Nyall Dawson wrote:

> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/3004
>
> is designed to handle cases like this. I'd very much value it if you
> could read over the comments on the PR and confirm that the PR design
> would meet your needs (or not!)

Hi Nyall,

had not seen this before, nice ( movies ;-) ) and good ideas

yes, I think this could absolutely work for my problem, though for
general use we should
- document, document, blog, blog, write, document it clearly
- make the api so clear/clean that even I can use it

I think in the comments about processing it is already mentioned, but
the 'chaining' of tasks would be possible/easy.

Like in my case:
- when task-1 (WPS) is finished start task-3
- task-3 (merge all the shp files and do some magic with attr)
- task-2 (WFS) is finished start task-4
- task-4 do some magic with the gml
- if all those are done: show the results...

Which off course looks a lot like processing modeller...

Anyway: nice work and also a good example of discussion/communication
between devs. Thanks all!

Regards,

Richard