[Qgis-developer] deprecated methods

Worth Lutz wal3 at mindspring.com
Thu May 5 09:57:10 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I've run into a problem with some plugins I'm writing.  I am using some
methods which are showing up as deprecated.

When trying to convert to the suggested new methods, they seem to not be
available.

for example:  Q_DECL_DEPRECATED void QgsVectorLayer::setEditorWidgetV2
suggests "Use editFormConfig()->setWidgetType() instead".

The method, "editFormConfig", does not seem to be available in QGIS v2.8
on my Ubuntu machine.

Is there documentation on when methods are added?  In other words, what
QGIS version has what new stuff?

MapServer has in their documentation "added in v5.4".  This helps me
know the minimum version needed to use that method.

It would be nice if QGIS has similar information in the documentation.
This would help in setting the minimum required QGIS version in plugins.

I do not expect someone to edit all the documentation to add this
information. :-) It would be nice to see this included in future
additions to the code.

Thanks,
--
*Worth Lutz*