[Qgis-developer] Memory leak in QGIS 2.14 with a Shapefile

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Mon May 9 02:07:11 PDT 2016

I forgot to mention the steps to reproduce the bug, and the precautions to
take :

* open the project in QGIS 2.14 ( I have not tested with older versions)

* open a terminal and use this kind of command to monitor QGIS memory
consumption : htop, or ps with
watch -n1 'ps -aux --sort -pmem | head -5'

* Navigate through the project by zooming in and out, pan, etc. I think you
emphasize the memory leak by displaying the layer at small scale ( with
many buildings displayed)

* Be aware that this will increase the memory, so keep an eye on the memory
consumption so that your system has enough free memory to work properly.

Michaël