[Qgis-developer] Memory leak in QGIS 2.14 with a Shapefile

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon May 9 21:25:37 PDT 2016

On 10 May 2016 at 03:38, kimaidou <kimaidou at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just tested with a freshly built QGIS release-2_14 , and the issue
> remains.
> The easiest way to reproduce is to zoom back and forth from big scales ( ~
> 1:25 000 ) to layer extent scale ( ~ 1:600 000 )

Should be fixed by
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/6b80518a5b55ab30fb19493266d5626d0f89d26b

There was a leak in the OGR provider when a feature had null geometry
and a filter rect was set on a feature request (such as when rendering
a map).

I also fixed another (potentially huge?) memory leak in the python code.

Would appreciate testing and feedback on whether this has made a big
difference for you!

Nyall