[Qgis-developer] (generic?) sanity checks of files

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed May 11 23:22:51 PDT 2016

Hi Richard,

Good idea.
What kind of compatibility checks would you propose?

Compare the CRS for which a style file was generated and the target
layer and warn if they mismatch? That could potentially be annoying, but
it might give a hint in case something goes wrong.
Or do some measurements (but since measurements are a function of units,
map CRS, zoom level and potentially attributes this may be a very
unstable science)?

Best
Matthias