[Qgis-developer] Processing - current status of "in-between" layers while running models

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Thu May 19 12:53:58 PDT 2016

Basically, layers are generated in the default format supported by the
algorithm (that is, the first one in the list returned by
getSupportedOutputVectorLayerExtensions() from the corresponding
provider)

Forcing a format for all intermediate layer will have some advantages,
but also some drawbacks (for instance, if chaining 2 SAGA raster
algorithms, using any format other than the default SAGA sdat will
involve extra conversions)

The issue with the attribute names can be fixed if the defautl format
for native qgis algorithms is switched to someting like geopackage (i
think this wont have any side effect), but it wont help if using an
external tool like SAGA, since SAGA requires shapefiles.

Not sure that solves that question. Let me know if you want more
detail about this. I will be glad to discuss this in detail if you are
coming to Girona. Ideas and feedback are of course welcome

Cheers