[Qgis-developer] Plugin licence

Tom Chadwin tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk
Wed May 25 05:07:37 PDT 2016

Vincent Picavet (ml) wrote
> A grey area would be for example if you were using a QWebEngine
> component in your Python Plugin, directly calling javascript functions
> of the Javascript library from your Python code.
> In that case I really do not know if it would be considered a link in
> the GPL sense.
>
> But for your use case with code generation it is really clear.

A QWebView is used in the GUI as a preview window, and loads in the
libraries. So it directly uses them, in that the generated output JS is
loaded by Python into the QWebView. That sounds potentially like a "link" to
me (apologies for not thinking of that before - I didn't appreciate its
relevance).

Tom