[Qgis-developer] Qt4->Qt5 timeline: Qt4's status and Qt4's webkit removal in Stretch

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Wed May 25 11:19:57 PDT 2016

On 12/07/2015 07:42 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 02-05-15 10:19, Luigi Pirelli wrote:
>> http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com.es/2015/05/qt4s-status-and-qt4s-webkit-removal-in.html
>
> As reported in Debian Bug #784514 [0], the WebKit support will be
> removed from python-qt4 in earlier 2015 (but not before January 7th, one
> month from now).
>
> [0] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=784514#43

It took longer than expected, because the Qt maintainers were waiting
for QGIS to move away from its reliance on WebKit in Qt4.

Because that wasn't going to happen before the WebKit support was
actually no longer available, I asked the Qt maintainers to stop waiting
for QGIS and go ahead and break it with the python-qt4 upload initially
planned for earlier this year.

QGIS now shows lovely stacktraces informing the user about the missing
QtWebKit modules.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--