[Qgis-developer] LayerTree group checkbox behavior

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Fri May 27 10:32:24 PDT 2016

Hi,
I often used the group to group layers about same thematics and perform
layout by simply checking the group (or viewing maps about that thematic).
This was before preset and multi styles land in QGIS but I suppose I may
not be the only one doing this.

Arnaud, I'm not really able to link your comment below to the proposal in
the issue.

> When I uncheck a layer group, I expect children to be hidden but not
unchecked.

With your proposal, would that mean that you can have a layer checked, but
because he is under an unchecked group, none of its features is displayed
in the canvas? Wouldn't that puzzle users?
If I understand Franck report, with a simple click on group level, layers
are all unchecked but next click only checks the previously checked, not
all the layers.
Do I misunderstand something?