[Qgis-developer] Plugin repo down?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon May 30 23:47:43 PDT 2016

This morning the plugins.qgis.org was showing nginx because of a config
change we did to speed up the downloading of plugins.xml

Last 2 days site was often down because some new functionality generated
a lot more cpu-power, and the download of plugins.xml was not cached
(anymore).

Alessandro implemented a caching mechanism, so NOW:
- plugin.xml's are cached (so should be retrieved much faster)
- site should be much faster because the (live) generated xml's are now
cached for 10 minutes.
- server is now almost sleeping compared to last few days
- it is good (and scary) to seem the amount of plugins.xml that are
downloaded...

Please let us know when still down.

Regards,

Richard