[Qgis-developer] plugins.qgis.org

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 22:54:16 PST 2016

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We (as osgeo SAC admins) receive a lot of requests for the osge-mantra
> from QGIS users, just because they think you need that to use plugins.
>
> I think it is because plugins.qgis.org lands on a page in which it says:
> "In order to access to some functionalities of this website you will
> need to login with a valid OSGEO ID."

Hi,

just to be sure that you are aware of that, in case the the front page text
needs changes/updates it can be easily edited online by clicking on
http://plugins.qgis.org/admin/flatpages/flatpage/1/ (with proper
credentials).

BTW, I'd also like to see the front page reworked, as it is there is too
much text. Creating new subpages (flatpages in Django admin) is very easy
but maybe we should better merge all the information on the plugin site
into the main documentation PyQGIS Cookbook and link to the appropriate
sections on that site.

Cheers

--
Alessandro Pasotti