[Qgis-developer] Changing ergonomy of the visibility of layers inside groups ?

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed Nov 16 05:05:08 PST 2016

On 11/16/2016 01:54 PM, Even Rouault wrote:
>> The visualisation could still be tri-state, I think
>>
>> * Unchecked
>> * Checked (All subitems checked)
>> * Semi-checked (Checked but some sub-items are invisible)
>>
>> Clicking would then switch between either Unchecked and Semi-Checked or
>> Unchecked and Checked depending on the subitems.
>>

> That might work indeed. It is just hard to imagine what is the more natural
> way of handling this. I couldn't find something similar in other applications
> Let me think out loud to a scenario :-)

Another scenario would be:

When clicking, the group toggle between unchecked, partially checked,
checked. At the same time it caches the state for all subitems to
restore the partially checked state when switching to this.

At any time, when a subitems check state is changed, all parents
invalidate their cached states and override it with the new partial
check state. If the last remaining unchecked item is checked (and vice
versa) clicking the group skips the partially checked state...

Maybe that would be more natural?