[Qgis-developer] QgsLayerTreeViewMenuProvider and default values

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Nov 21 02:10:24 PST 2016

On 2016-11-21 03:02, Martin Dobias wrote:

Ah, thanks Martin for your anwers.

>> Q3: looking at the possibility to add a 'Transparency slider' in the
>> layertree (see layer props bottom item): how difficult is it to add a
>> 'refresh data' button (with custom refresh data code) in the layer
>> tree
>
> See the original pull request for some example code:
>
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/3170

I tried this, and indeed can create such a widget (QToolButton or
QPushBtuuon) with a handle to a layer to do things with it.
But I can only add it to a layer in the legend via the properties
dialog?

If I try to add the widget via the addLegendLayerActionForLayer

btn = self.refresh_button_provider.createWidget(self.measurements_layer,
0)
self.iface.legendInterface().addLegendLayerActionForLayer(btn.defaultAction(),
self.action_layer)

it does not show up in the legend. (the same button DOES show up (and
works) if I do via Layer Properties/Legend dialog).

Should I be able to add such a button/action to just that layer via
addLegendLayerActionForLayer?

Or do I miss something here?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde