[Qgis-developer] DB Manager and other PostGIS issues: notes from a course

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 11:03:32 PST 2016

Hi all,

https://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/issues?query_id=107

>> the OGR based tool is necessary because is the only one available that
>> is fast enough. It is 8+ times faster than any other tool available in
>> QGIS making it the only tool good enough to import into postgis large
>> layers.
>
> Yes, I know. Why keeping the other than?

The QGIS based one is much more straightforward for the vast majority
of cases because it does not have all the advanced options that the
ogr based one has. In general I'm very much in favor of keeping
diversity in Processing.

cheers

-- G --