[Qgis-developer] Any UI/UX plans for QGIS3?
senhor.neto at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 03:22:28 PST 2016
QGIS 3 is getting lots of love, and we are seeing new features being added,
some legacy code being clean up, and so on. We are all aware that this will
break the 2.x API, but now it's the time for it.
So I wondered if this is not the perfect time to think about some UI/UX
changes as well, as it will lead to more work in translation and
Documentation. Could we do a list of UI/UX stuff that we could improve?
I can think of a few things:
- "search", "select" and "browse" for browsing files;
- "Add saved file to map", "Load into canvas when finished", "Open output
file after running algorithm";
- there is more of these for sure;
*Help and Documentation*
- Most of our help buttons lead to nowhere, we already talked about
pointing them to the User's Manual online (although we would need a
solution for working with it offline and in different languages)
- Should default selection color not be opaque?
- Showing only selected features vertexes by default?
- Map template, we could provide a very simple template as default (I think
there was already some discussion about this); Most people I see gets very
confused when they see a completely empty page.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Qgis-developer