[Qgis-developer] Any UI/UX plans for QGIS3?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Nov 25 03:37:47 PST 2016

On 25-11-16 12:27, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi Alexandre,
> thanks for raising this, much appreciated.

Yep, also from me: let's make QGIS the Desktop gis with the best UIX of
all. Now is the time indeed!

almost no traffic, and IF there was, we often needed input from the dev
list so everybody started cross-posting anyway. So we decided to remove
the ux list.

Which brings me to the point: we need devs/resources to do such things
too. Also for me it is too easy to rethink stuff, but not able to do it
myself it does not happen by itself...

> Il 25/11/2016 12:22, Alexandre Neto ha scritto:
>
>> So I wondered if this is not the perfect time to think about some UI/UX
>> changes as well, as it will lead to more work in translation and
>> Documentation. Could we do a list of UI/UX stuff that we could improve?

Yep please: I should know there is some wiki page with 'wishes and
changes' in QGIS3 but I do not have the url with me here (anybody?).

Would be good if somebody collects these idea's, and (given we can come
to some consensus...) maybe try to do a special 'UIX'-funding round
somewhere later in the QGIS-3 process (when api etc etc are settled)?

Coming to a consensus is maybe best done during a (big?) user or
developers meeting?

Regards,

Richard