[Qgis-developer] Preparing the Changelog for 2.18

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Oct 5 13:54:41 PDT 2016

Le mercredi 05 octobre 2016 22:33:04, Tim Sutton a écrit :
> Hi All
>
> I have started preparing the changelog for 2.18:
>
> http://changelog.qgis.org/en/qgis/version/2.18.0/
>
> The usual caveat applies: Please do not publicize this link until the
> changelog is completed and the release is ready.
>
> If anyone has worked on newsworthy features for 2.18 please add your
> proposed entries there (I am still working back through the commit log
> adding any obvious ones I can see there, I will finish that tomorrow
> night). You should be able to sign in to the site and post new entries
> using your GitHub user credentials. If that presents any problem for you,
> please just email me directly with the text and ideally a screenshot, and
> I will add it for you. Also if you can improve text and graphics for
> existing entries, please feel free to submit your suggestions.
>
> I will be adding a few notes at the top of the changelog description of the
> upcoming feature freeze breakage for 2.18.1 (to add DWG support) and
> 2.18.2 GeoPackage provider improvements. @Even could you provide a little
> detail about the planned GeoPackage improvements for 2.18.2?

Tim,

Hum, I'm not sure if this will go into 2.18. Was more intended to be for
master and possibly backported in master_2 if feasible. But I guess if
master_2 is doable, backport to 2.18.X could also be done (although there will
be non trivial changes in DB manager to separate the spatialite code path and
GPKG code path)

Anyway, here are the topics:
  *   Add, rename and remove columns, both in the "Fields tab" of QGIS, but
also in the DB manager ( Note: this will require GDAL 2.2dev for rename and
remove columns)
  *   Add capability to save an existing layer in the project with "Save As"
into an already existing geopackage (rather than overwriting it)
  *   DB-Manager: rename existing tables in geopackage ( Note: this will
require GDAL 2.2dev)
  *   DB-Manager: delete tables from the geopackage.
  *   DB-Manager: load non-geometry tables

There will be other improvements, but probably master only.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com