[Qgis-developer] Warning - shapefile corruption on 2.16/master and how to recover

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Oct 6 07:28:27 PDT 2016

Le vendredi 16 septembre 2016 03:08:37, Nyall Dawson a écrit :
> Unfortunately a fairly nasty regression has slipped in to 2.16 and is
> still present on master. This results in shapefile corruption in
> certain circumstances.

I've commited in GDAL trunk and 2.1 branch a fix that revises the way repacking
of shapefiles is done, so as to use in-place rewrite of the already opened file
rather than trying to remove the temporary copies on top of them, which was
prone to issues with files being locked elsewhere. From my tests this solve the
issues I could reproduce in http://hub.qgis.org/issues/15570 and
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/15393 and I'm reasonably confident this is a robust
fix for other similar cases. Anyway, testing by others to confirm would be
appreciated.

http://www.spatialys.com