[Qgis-developer] Documentation proposals - Was: Discussion on the QGIS grant proposals

Luigi Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 01:22:31 PDT 2016

On 8 October 2016 at 22:13, Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 8:14 AM, Neumann, Andreas <a.neumann at carto.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> Now, the documentation items:
>>
>> 1) 2.16 Documentation
>>
>> 16) PyQGIS Developer Cookbook update and maintenance
>>
>> 15) PyQGIS Cookbook Review
>>

> Do we already have a plan how to proceed with the documentation items? I'd
> suggest a focus on LTR docs for end users as well as PyQGIS. What do you
> think?

really hard to decide about LTR PyQGIS... probably a community poll
can be useful with a (short term) discussion. My reason to explain why
it is hard to decide are:
1) I would invest and push developer to dev and port 3.0 plugins
2) pyqgis dev knowledge is almost covered also by StackExchange... I
agree that wouldn't be the way to document, but we are facing
transition to 3
3) LTR will will terminate afgter 3.0 release and it's documentation
will become strongly obsolete with 3.0 transition.
For this reason I wouldn't invest in ltr pyqgis doc.

Luigi Pirelli

* Boundless QGIS Support/Development: lpirelli AT boundlessgeo DOT com
* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS:
https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/mastering-qgis