[Qgis-developer] About my plugins ...

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 12:03:45 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'd like to add that it's during the discussions about the "trusted" plugin
system that I understood that there were some plugin authors that could
publish their own plugin without having it reviewed by someone (Paolo,
Ale....)
The (only) two times I tried to publish a plugin (before the trusted
system), once uploaded, I had to wait for some days before someone finds
time to review and publish it in the repository. And this didn't bother me.
I understood  the situation. And I'm sure I'm not the only one in that
case. I even think it's the process for most of us. So not all plugins
authors could directly publish their plugins.

What was probably unfair is the rules (or should I say, the lack of rules)
against which some authors could easily publish their own plugins, without
review process. why not me, would I say! Now, with the new system, there's
a kind of rules that explain why one could do it himself and why another
one may wait for review. You could not agree with the rules, it's open to
discussion and ideas for improvements are welcome. But at least, there are
rules!

And by experience (even a small one), you wouldn't have to wait too loooong
for your plugin being approved. Users are patient, why not devs? And
hopefully, having a period of reviewing will reduce some numerous releases
of the same plugin within a short period (more tests from the author before
upload).

Regards,
Harrissou