[Qgis-developer] QRap plugin: Mouse Click not capture

Magdaleen Ballot Magdaleen.Ballot at up.ac.za
Mon Oct 17 02:04:17 PDT 2016

Good day,

I am the sole developer left on the development of the QRap plugin (www.QRap.org.za / https://sourceforge.net/projects/qrap/ ). As this is not even my main focus, I tent not to update so often as only sync with LTR versions.

Until QGis 2.8 the mouse clicked worked fine, but when I updated to 2.14 it no longer worked. Attached is the MouseEvent code I use. I originally had it inherit from QqsMapTool and then from QgsMapToolEmitPoint ... both works on QGis 2.8, but neither on 2.14.   I tried using QgsMapToolEmitPoint directly but it said
QgsMapToolEmitPoint::canvasClicked(QgsPoint&,Qt::MouseButton) does not exist when I run it ... it does not both in 2.8 and 2.14.

I can confirm that MapCanvas()->SetMapTool run sucessfully  (I caught the mapToolSet signal ... )

Does any of you with years of experience perhaps have a pointer that would help me resolve it.

Kind Regards
Magdaleen Ballot

PS: Why is QRap not in the QGis repository ... because it is huge, and I still want to get rid of Poco (which is used for XML parsing and replace it with a Qt component)