[Qgis-developer] Plans after friday's release?

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Thu Oct 20 02:17:34 PDT 2016

On 10/20/2016 11:12 AM, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> On 10/20/2016 11:04 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:

>>> Or make 2.20 the last LTR.
>>
>> +1

Sorry, my bad. Realized that 2.20 would be in line.

But that would mean a triple branch strategy for another 4 months,
putting more load on devs. Especially when it's about releasing 3.2 and
2.20 as LTR at the same time. I can't actually imagine we've got enough
manpower to do both jobs well at the same time.

I think LTR clients just have to realize that it's fewer features they
trade fewer features for stability.

Matthias