[Qgis-developer] Add some postgresql PKI authentication tests to Travis

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 02:31:06 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'm looking into adding some tests for the auth system, I've successfully
run some local tests with a properly configured postgres instance running
as unprivileged user.

The question is: given that the current travis config does not use sudo,
can we alter the system postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf to add hostssl
connection and certificates?

The alternative (that should work just fine) is to launch another postgres
process on an unprivileged port from the test itself, configure it to use
PKI , initdb on a temporary folder, run the test and shutdown the postgres.

Any hint?

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it