[Qgis-developer] Labelling in QGIS Server/Lizmap

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Oct 21 02:22:10 PDT 2016

On 21-10-16 11:12, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi René,
>
> Il 21/10/2016 10:46, René-Luc Dhont ha scritto:
>
>> It's not a qgis server issue!
>> It's just the way lizmap querying QGIS Server: One layer at a time! So
>> impossible labelling checking under multiple layer.
>> If you want exactly the sae rendering has QGIS, lizmap has to implement
>> a way to query all the layer in 1 request.
>
> thanks for clarifying. I understand the issue - how hard would it be to
> implement it? Any plans to do it in the foreseeable future?

Not sure if this would work for you Paolo, but IF all layers come from
the same service, the web-client could try to collect all layers from
that service in the right order and fire it as one WMS request.

BUT off course this makes it more difficult to implement a layertree in
which you want to be able to show/hide individual layers. You will have
to fire the layer collection EVERY time the visibility of one of the
layer changes. ( I once coded a java-applet doing this :-) )

IF it is a one service project, this seems a viable option to implement?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde