[Qgis-developer] WIP: QGIS Server refactoring

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Oct 21 09:14:04 PDT 2016

Il 21/10/2016 18:10, David Marteau ha scritto:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> We know that it will be premature to write code that dépends on the qgis
> core api and that we have to wait that things stabilize on this side and
> that no refactoring of the services can occurs without the refactoring
> of Martin.
>
> The part of the code we wand to start is the support machinery for
> dynamic loading and registering of services and eventually the supports
> for the plugins.
> For this part, we do need to rely on anything from the qgis core
> functionalities and thus  Martin Dobias's refactoring can go at its own
> pace.

Hi all,
I think we al very much welcome any improvement in any section of QGIS,
including of course our beloved server.
I may be missing something, but IMHO develoiping on a separate branch
only increases the risk of misalignment: why not keeping everything in
one place? I understand you are more free to break everything, but risks
seem to overweight the advantages.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu