[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2.99.0 build from source code on Ubuntu 16.04 xenial 64-bit 4 slots

gordon at shieldaig.com gordon at shieldaig.com
Fri Oct 21 14:33:27 PDT 2016

1st problem: ccmake .. found Qt5, I had both Qt4 and Qt5, is there
anyway to choose Qt4 if Qt5 is unsupported?

2nd problem: build required GDAL 2.1 or failed, I previously only had
GDAL 1.11.4 - was I doing something wrong?

3rd problem: ${HOME} in cmake_install.cmake was empty - had to use
/home/gordon as it appears ${HOME} and $HOME don't pick up environment
variables.  was I doing something wrong?

4th problem:

CMake Error at cmake_install.cmake:75 (file):
   file failed to open for writing (Permission denied):

     /home/gordon/dev/cpp/QGIS/build-master/install_manifest.txt

Makefile:93: recipe for target 'install' failed
make: *** [install] Error 1

what do I have to change to fix this?

5th problem: ~/apps/bin/qgis - crashes, is this not a valid way of
starting the application?  Is there a way around this?

Warning: loading of qgis translation failed
[/home/gordon/apps/share/qgis/i18n//qgis_en_CA]
Warning: loading of qt translation failed
[/usr/share/qt5/translations/qt_en_CA]
Warning: QCss::Parser - Failed to load file  "/style.qss"
QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No
such file or directory
Warning: QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QgsPanelWidgetStack
"mWidgetStack", which already has a layout
Warning: QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const
QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action
Warning: QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const
QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

FYI:
~/apps/bin/qbrowser - works with Qt5 wheres qbrowser for QGIS 2.16 works
with Qt4.