[Qgis-developer] Field mapper when pasting features

Arnaud Morvan arnaud.morvan at camptocamp.com
Thu Oct 27 08:52:37 PDT 2016

Hello QGIS devs,

I want to add a field mapper dialog when pasting features to layers.

For now when pasting features with attributes names that do not exists
on the destination layer,
those attributes values are lost.

When clipboard fields and destination layer fields are not strictly the
sames,
In QGIS 3.0, I want to popup a new dialog with fields mapper configurator.

Dialog UI could be similar to Refactor Fields Algorithm, showing a list
of destination fields :

     source expression (expression widgets) => destination field

For example, I often use this workflow :
     Open a shapefile or autocad file.
     Use the refactor fields to get temporary layer with same fields as
destination.
     Paste to postgis database layer.

I think having this dialog showing up when needed could really ease data
manipulation from one layer to another.
And I want to give the possibility to use expressions.

Any remarks, do you think I need to open to open a QEP for that ?

Arnaud Morvan
Ingénieur logiciel
Tél: +33 (0)4 58 48 20 32

Camptocamp France SAS