[Qgis-developer] Is the next LTR release 2.x or 3.x?

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Oct 28 00:18:07 PDT 2016

Hi Andrew,

see also
https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/roadmap.html#release-schedule

you can see that while 2.18x is not officially an LT version, there are
a number of updates planned for 2.18x - so it's almost like an LT
version ...

The next 2.18 release will, besides bug fixes, also contain some very
useful Geopackage updates, and some upcoming 2.18x will also receive CAD
reading support (DXF/DWG). Jürgen knows when ;-)

For 3.x. there are no release dates yet. Probably somewhere around
summer 2017 - but no-one knows yet.

Andreas