[Qgis-developer] Processing: removing support for GRASS6?

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Fri Oct 28 03:05:51 PDT 2016

Am 28.10.2016, 11:41 Uhr, schrieb Victor Olaya <volayaf at gmail.com>:

> I want to add a calculator in processing that is based on QGIS
> classes, so is a native one, like the current raster calculator, but
> in processing. I hope that allows us to get rid of all the others,
> since it is very confusing and error prone. A good calculator that can
> do everything should be able to replace the collection of them we have
> now

This is good news. I rarely managed to get raster calculation done inside
QGIS. The syntax is not easy to understand nor to learn (sparse docu with
few examples), so I switched to use R instead, where raster calculations
are doable even for me (and incredibly flexible and fast)

Cheers
Bernd

>>> +1 from me

>> please don't unless the GRASS7 r.mapcalc is fixed in Processing,
>> with GRASS 6 at least we can rely on r.mapcalculator, not available in
>> GRASS 7.
>>
>> cheers!
>>
>> -- G --

Bernd Vogelgesang