[Qgis-developer] plugin for QGIS3 test

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Oct 31 14:37:00 PDT 2016

Hi (plugin-) devs,

after upgrading my QGIS 2.18 plugin, I thought to try what I had to do
to make it a QGIS3 version.

- running scripts/2to3 on the plugin
- tweaking and fixing untill it worked :-)

it was more work then I hoped, but after setting

qgisMinimumVersion=2.99
qgisMaximumVersion=3.0

it 'just works' even without my PR [1] which make the list in the plugin
manager shorter:
https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/plugins.xml?qgis=2.99
vs
https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/plugins.xml?qgis=3.0

I observe also that having two version of the same plugin works: the old
0.12 version is visible in 2.18
The new 3.0 version is visible in 3.0
And I could download/install both in both versions.

Anyway: I think good news to share :-)

NOTE: we should be aware that 3.0 api is still not fixed, so creating a
3.0 version is not guaranteed to work with the final 3.0 versions

and I do not think it is doable to make a plugin working for both 2.x
and 3.0. But feel free to find out yourself :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

[0] https://github.com/rduivenvoorde/pdokservicesplugin/tree/qgis3branch
[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/3689