[Qgis-developer] plugin for QGIS3 test

gordon at shieldaig.com gordon at shieldaig.com
Mon Oct 31 15:50:37 PDT 2016

How does one change 2.99 to 3.00 in the development version obtained
from GitHub because obviously there is a big break between 2.xx and
3.xx?

I believe the 3.00 version necessary for plugin development with Python
3.5.2 and Qt5.7.  Or is that a mis-impression?  Something that only
happens to people who have both version of Python 2.7.x and Python 3.5.x
and Qt4 and Qt5?

I am still not sure if Qt5.7 has the code fixed for some kind of issue
that isn't present in Qt4 and that maybe the reason for the delay in
QGIS.  Is that another mis-impression?  Or has Qt5.7 got the fix
necessary and there are still some other reasons?

Also, GDAL 2.0 is now required to build the development version, unless
I am mistaken.  Something the install  documentation clearly didn't
indicate.

The PyQt issue regarding API version (1 is Qt4 and 2 is Qt5), which
popped up in debugging with Eclipse, seemed to be fixed by moving 'from
qgis.core import *' before 'from PyQt4.QtCore *' and 'from PyQt4.QtGui
import *'.  A fix fortunately documented by someone making more progress
than me.