[Qgis-developer] Feedback for contrast enhancement ... enhancements ?

Mathieu Pellerin nirvn.asia at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 20:04:15 PDT 2016

Please don't change the default behavior for 3-band rasters to min/max;
while it does make in many scenarios for 1-band rasters (DEM, precipitation
value, vegetation index, etc.), this is a terrible default value for most -
if not all - satellite imagery products (i.e. Sentinel-2, LANDSAT-{5,7,8},
ASTER, etc.).

IMO, we need to have two separate default option: one for 3-band raster
min/max (which doesn't change), and one for 1-band raster (which is changed
to min/max).