[Qgis-developer] Qt5 rounding issue spotted in the wild

Mathieu Pellerin nirvn.asia at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 23:23:07 PDT 2016

Denis,

There's an additional way to mitigate this:
1/ requesting Qt devs to apply the patch fixing this issue (
http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtbase.git/patch/src/corelib/tools/qlocale.h?id=726fed0d67013cbfac7921d3d4613ca83406fb0f
) onto Qt 5.6, which after all is a LTS version;
2/ requesting distributions - such as Ubuntu and Fedora - to apply the
patch onto the packages maintained and offered through their repositories.

Regarding #2, I've filed such a request earlier today:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtbase-opensource-src/+bug/1620173

It's a shame we can't override the QVariant conversion to QString with some
code of our own to patch the issue on Qt5 < 5.7.

Math