[Qgis-developer] Qt5 rounding issue spotted in the wild

Nyall Dawson nyall at north-road.com
Mon Sep 5 23:32:16 PDT 2016

On 6 September 2016 at 16:12, Matthias Kuhn <matthias at opengis.ch> wrote:
> On 09/05/2016 10:35 AM, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I asked on Qt bug tracker
>>
>> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-47192?focusedCommentId=330334&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-330334
>>
>> Matthias
>
> Answer:
>
> Absolutely none [plans to fix this in 5.6]. It's a major behaviour
> change that requires a new external dependency.

Grrrr..... between this and the webkit debacle I'm not a huge fan of
our upstream at the moment!

I'm very curious why a major behavioral change like this was allowed
to be introduced in the middle of the 5.x series originally.
Honestly, the Windows approach of packaging-all-our-dependancies
ourselves is looking more and more attractive to me! ;)

Nyall