[Qgis-developer] Qgis and huge amount of data opening "small" postgis layer

Pietro Rossin pierigis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 08:01:32 PDT 2016

Hello
I'm facing a problem qith Qgis 2.16.2 on windows 7 x64 and postgis on a
postgis debian server.

As I load a multipolygon table with 217 features (regional districts) a huge
amount of data is downloaded.
The table comes from a shp file 30MB (30MB .shp + 111KB .dbf) and was
imported by dbmanager.

The first time I try to load this postgis layer it takes a lot (we are on a
network that isn't a rocket), few minutes...

Qgis generate approx 60MB of data in download direction.
Data come really slow and by blocks (we are trying to see if there are some
proxy/firewall problems).

By the way, 60MB are a huge amount of data compared to 30MB of the original
shp.. Is that normal??

Other problem is that if I try to open the attribute table (dbf is 111KB)
30MB are downloaded more or less..

What could be the problem?

Thanks
Pietro