[Qgis-developer] Webkit package included for deb (+ QGIS resources sharing)

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Sep 8 23:46:17 PDT 2016

On 09-09-16 08:35, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 08/09/2016 18:24, Tom Chadwin ha scritto:
>> Can you try using one of the layers in
>> .qgis2\python\plugins\qgis2web\test\data\layer, and apply one of the
>> matching styles in .qgis2\python\plugins\qgis2web\test\data\style (please
>> excuse my Windows backslashes)? Those are very lightweight, and uncomplex,
>> to rule out any local data issues.
>
> Installing the plugin QGIS resources sharing fails with:
>
> No module named QtWebKitWidgets.QWebView

I have this too, some QtWebKit plugins are still borken (but most are
'fixed'):

Inspire Atom Client
This plugin is broken
No module named QtWebKit.QWebView

Plugin Builder
This plugin is broken
QWebView

QGIS Resource Sharing
This plugin is broken
No module named QtWebKitWidgets.QWebView

I started looking into the
Inspire Atom Client
and see

<widget class="QWebView" name="wvMetadata" native="true">
inspireatomclient/ui_metadataclient.py:
self.wvMetadata = QtWebKit.QWebView(MetadataClient)
PyQt4 UI code generator 4.10.3

while openlayers plugin (also using QWebView) has:
<widget class="QWebView" name="webViewMap"/>
openlayers_plugin/ui_openlayers_ovwidget.py:
self.webViewMap = QtWebKit.QWebView(Form)
PyQt4 UI code generator 4.9.1

they both end with:
from PyQt4 import QtWebKit

which I can also import in my python console

Anybody a clue?

Richard