[Qgis-developer] Broken Python Plugins on QGIS 2.16 Ubuntu 16

Robin Paulson robin at bumblepuppy.org
Sun Sep 11 20:58:20 PDT 2016

On 2016-09-06 16:59, Tudor Barascu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The QtWebKit Python bindings were removed from Debian Stretch, and I
> guess consequently from ubuntu 16.04 also.

well, here i'm a bit lost. when i do:

$ dpkg -L python-qt4|grep -i webkit

I get this:
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt4/QtWebKit.so
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PyQt4/QtWebKit.so

also:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/amd64/python-qt4/filelist

gives the same info. tellingly, QtWebKit.so is not in the debian file
list.

which tells me that python qt webkit bindings are in stock ubuntu
xenial. so, why the failure? was qgis compiled without the qt python
headers? i can understand that happening for the debian builds (those
necessary headers don't exist), but surely they do on the ubuntu build
machine?

--
robin