[Qgis-developer] Couldn't load plugin fTools

Arnaud Morvan arnaud.morvan at camptocamp.com
Tue Sep 13 07:04:21 PDT 2016

Apparently the release of the plugin is not be compatible with QGIS master,
which is not surprising as API breaks are allowed on master branch for
QGIS 3.0.

Here is some hints to work with QGIS master :

     * do not install QGIS master system wide, better install it in your
home directory.

     * QGIS master use plugins from in $HOME/.qgis-dev/python/plugins
directory
         so you could clone the plugin master branch, build it if
necessary and install it to $HOME/.qgis-dev/python/plugins directory
         and propose pull request on the plugin repo if suitable

Hope this helps.

Arnaud Morvan
Ingénieur logiciel
Tél: +33 (0)4 58 48 20 32