[Qgis-developer] Processing C++ algorithms

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed Sep 14 02:20:03 PDT 2016

Hi,

If one wants to create a C++ processing algorithm, is there any
preferred way to ship it? I don't think we are doing that yet apart from
calling 3rd party tools.

The possible approaches I can see are

 * Add a new QGIS module "algs" next to gui/core etc and use
   it's python bindings to call the code from a small python wrapper.

 * Port some processing core classes to C++, mainly GeoAlgorithm,
   outputs and parameters (and possibly some dependencies).

 * Ship it as a separate module and do it all the grass/saga etc. way.

Context is, I will probably need this on QField with no python. I could
do it without processing there but since the trend is to processize
whatever possible, I thought it would be a good opportunity to bring
this subject to the table.

Matthias