[Qgis-developer] WMTS 1.0 - first implementers

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 21:30:16 PDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 4:21 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde
<rdmailings at duif.net> wrote:
> On 19-09-16 08:55, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> we have an opportunity to become an early implementer or reference
>> implementer for WMTS 1.0. I think one of the companies around QGIS could
>> take this as an opportunity to increase commercial opportunities.
>> In case, please let us know.
>
> Hi Paolo,
>
> I'm also a little puzzled by our message :-)

Paolo forwarded a mail about that to me earlier - basically it was a
call from OGC to run their recently developed compliance tests for
WMTS with existing implementations and basically to help testing the
tests:
http://cite.opengeospatial.org/te2/about/wmts/1.0.0/site/

By helping out with OGC WMTS test suite, one can be recognized as a
reference implementation or be mentioned in their press release.

I am not sure if this applies to QGIS at all, those tests are for WMTS
server side. We have client WMTS support, but as far as I know there
is no WMTS support in QGIS server.

> We already had WMTS 1.0 in QGIS for a long time isn't it?

Yes :)

> I understand now from Luigi's reply that Martin added a lot of new
> stuff, and restructured a lot. But here in NL the free national WMTS
> services (aerials and topo) have been used a lot already.
>
> I added a comment on the https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/3473 about
> the native resolutions.
>
> Also wondering how this works with the tile scale slider.

I have added my comments to the pull request.

Note: the work I have done and the call that started this thread are
not related in any way...

Cheers
Martin