[Qgis-developer] WMTS 1.0 - first implementers

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Sep 19 23:38:59 PDT 2016

On 2016-09-20 06:30, Martin Dobias wrote:

> Note: the work I have done and the call that started this thread are
> not related in any way...

Ah, ok.

I had a good look now: nice! Very smooth!

So in the browser you can add a xyz layer like:
http://c.tile.openstreetmap.org/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

But isn't there a way to do that via 'add Layer' menu or via the 'add
WMS/WMTS' button? Do I miss something ( or is it "future work" as they
call it in science ;-) )

(Just asking because I think we already have several ways to add a layer
(buttons, menu's, dragdrop, browser), and if some of those ways have
other options then the others, I think from a user standpoint this is
not very friendly?)

The add WM(T)S dialog's could get some ui-love anyway I think :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

and while we are into OGC/web-interfaces, anybody busy with adding
native WMS-T yet (yes, I know there is the timemanager, doing fine, but
I'm also hoping that the time (or other) dimensions could maybe become a
native citizen of QGIS