[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] Discussion on the QGIS grant proposals

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Thu Sep 22 02:39:34 PDT 2016

Thank you for raising this Andreas,

What I wonder is to which degree the people/companies behind a proposal
should be considered. In particular about:

 * Their history within the project *

how much they did before for the project. I think that a grant can not
only have a direct impact by making a particular project happen but also
an indirect multiplier effect by keeping people motivated to stay on the
project.

 * Volunteer time *

Grant money could compensate for volunteer time spent by
some people. And foster the multiplier effect again.

 * Their suitability for a particular job *
How much they did in this area before and therefore can be expected to
successfully accomplish the job.

In particular I think we should pay attention to not attract individuals
that only pop up when there's money to be spent from the project and
then disappear again.

Regards
Matthias