[Qgis-developer] Table Manager discontinuation and missing French translator

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Thu Sep 22 05:32:07 PDT 2016

Just a note on usability:
Though even the Table Manager was not the obvious tool to manipulate
attribute tables, cause it wasn't even installed by default, now the
Refactor Fields function in Processing is even less visible to people.

It would be great if this function could be kind of hard-wired to the
attribute table with a button (like the field calculator, formatting
etc.). I think especially ArcMap-users (but not only) will struggle to
find that function.

Cheers
Bernd

Am 22.09.2016, 14:16 Uhr, schrieb Borys Jurgiel <lists at borysjurgiel.pl>:

> Hi folks!
>
> I'm going to discontinue the Table Manager. It was always a dirty
> workaround,
> and nowadays (with recent QGIS versions and GDAL 2) numerous data
> corruptions
> are reported. As QGIS finally contains the Refactor Fields tool and
> doesn't
> need any external plugins, I believe it's the high time to kill the Table
> Manager. I'm going to release the final version that displays a farewell
> message pointing users to the Refactor Fields (and still works, beside
> that
> message). Of course if someone is willing to take the development and
> keep it
> up to date with the changing GDAL‚ I can abstain :)
>
> Table Manager was translated into French, Russian and Ukrainian, so I'd
> like
> to ask the translators for help with that message. However... I can't
> remember
> who was the original translator. A massive shame on me, as it seems I
> didn't
> put any credentials anywhere! I don't know how could I overlook it :(( I
> apologize and promise to fix it as soon as we find the right persons.
>
> I believe it was Maxim for Russian and Alex for Ukrainian, were you? But
> who
> made the French translation? Régis, maybe it was you or do you have any
> ideas?
>
> Best regards
>
> Borys

Bernd Vogelgesang