[Qgis-developer] CMake: Qt5 error with Qt4 configuration

Idan Miara idanool at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 05:33:30 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to compile QGIS for the first time on Ubuntu Xenial, I've
followed the instructions to compile the Qt4 version:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/INSTALL
I did apt-get update+upgrade and got the latest sources following this
guide.

I'm getting the attached CMake error message while trying to configure.
pressing 'c' and 'e' a few times as suggested doesn't seem to help as I
don't get the 'g' option.

I would like to try to debug QGIS and set breakpoints in cpp files in order
to understand pieces of the code better. I'd be happy if you could give me
some pointers on how to do that.

Thanks.

 CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:252 (FIND_PACKAGE):
   By not providing "FindQt5Gui.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has
   asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5Gui",
but
   CMake did not find one.

   Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5Gui" with any
   of the following names:

     Qt5GuiConfig.cmake
     qt5gui-config.cmake

   Add the installation prefix of "Qt5Gui" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
   "Qt5Gui_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
"Qt5Gui"
   provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been
   installed.