[Qgis-developer] QGIS Server 3.0 roadmap

René-Luc Dhont rldhont at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 00:30:28 PDT 2016

Hi Luca

Le 27/09/2016 à 09:25, Luca Manganelli a écrit :
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 9:19 AM, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> As I mentioned over on the 3.0 api tracker, the biggest issue I see is
>> the way server loads projects and messes with the layer registry. I
>> understand this was probably a design decision made due to api
>> constraints, but now we've got the opportunity to fix the underlying
>> issues in core and avoid the messy workarounds in server.
> Not only this; but the way in which qgis server does the same PostGis
> query (for extent or bounding box?) all times for each layer. It woud
> be useful to store these informations on the project file, to optimize
> times, with a configuration option in the Server tab?

This has been already fixed:
* firstly layer has been cached to avoid reloading it
* the layer description stored Extent and used it

The problem you point is the way Layer is build by QGIS. In the Desktop,
QGIS can build it at each project loading, but server side is could be a
mess. If the cache is not conserved by the system QGIS Server is used,
the layers are reloaded at each request.