[Qgis-developer] Testing plugins against QGIS3 with Travis

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 02:25:00 PDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 11:21 AM, Tom Chadwin <tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk>
wrote:

> @Juergen Ah, so this is not possible? Thank you for clarifying - though I
> don't think the error I pasted above indicates that problem. Never mind.
>
> That means that the bet way to achieve this is probably...:
>
> @Ale I can see that that would achieve what I need. I only have two issues
> with this approach:
>
> 1. At the moment, my tests don't have to build QGIS, so they complete in
> less than three minutes

QGIS is already built into the docker images and you don't need to buld it
in a travis job (it would take too long) but yes, the docker pull operation
could take a while.

The advantage is that you can design and develop your tests inside QGIS,
because they are actually run inside a real QGIS instance, no need for
mocking.

> 2. I'd have to learn docker...

To use the available images you don't need to learn docker, but if you plan
to contribute yes.

> But I'll look into it. Thanks, both.
>
> Tom
>

> -----
> Buy Pie Spy: Adventures in British pastry 2010-11 on Amazon

Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it