[Qgis-developer] Testing plugins against QGIS3 with Travis

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Sep 27 03:23:39 PDT 2016

On 09/27/2016 11:49 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 11:25:00AM +0200, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
>
>> QGIS is already built into the docker images and you don't need to buld it
>> in a travis job (it would take too long) but yes, the docker pull operation
>> could take a while.
>
> Do Travis agent not cache downloaded docker images ?

The strategy which we use for QGIS tests (and plugin tests) and some
other plugins which I've been involved with do not depend on Docker but
instead on a precise or trusty system where additional dependencies can
be installed from repositories (which are currently missing for almost?
all distributions).

-- Matthias